IFTTT + Apilio applet templates: expanding list with links

Hi everyone!

To support our new templates and also to support all of you, we have been creating a few (or maybe a lot, depending on who you ask :nerd_face:) of ready-made applets.

:wink: A friendly reminder that none of these count towards your 3-applet limit.

Are you missing any applets below? Let us know in the comments!

Please note that when we add a new applet, it can take about a day to appear publicly. Thanks!

:large_blue_circle: Appliances

iRobot

:large_blue_circle: Calendars & scheduling

Date & time conditions are now native to Apilio, so you won’t need any external applets:

Google Calendar

:large_blue_circle: DIY electronics

Flic

:large_blue_circle: Developer tools

Please note that IFTTT does not allow to publish applets that use the webhooks channel.

:large_blue_circle: Environment control & monitoring

AC Cloud Control

Ecobee

Heatmiser

Nature Remo

Netatmo

Sensibo

Honeywell Total Connect Comfort

Hive Active Heating™ - UK and Europe

Tado Heating

Wireless Tag

:large_blue_circle: Lighting

Lifx

LightwaveRF lightight

MagicHue

Philipps Hue

Kasa

:large_blue_circle: Location

IFTTT’s location service

:large_blue_circle: Mobile devices & accessories

Android device

Do button

Wyze

:large_blue_circle: Music

Sonos

:large_blue_circle: Notifications

IFTTT app notifications

:large_blue_circle: Power monitoring & management

myStrom

electricityMap

WeMo Smart Plug

:large_blue_circle: Routers & computer accessories

Google WiFi

TP-Link Router

:large_blue_circle: Security & monitoring systems

Blink

Blink Europe

EZVIZ

Ring

:large_blue_circle: Smart hubs & systems

Apilio

BroadLink

eWeLink

Connexoon by Somfy

Harmony

Life360

RoomMe

SmartThings

Wiser Heat

:large_blue_circle: Voice assistants

Amazon Alexa

Google Assistant

:large_blue_circle: Weather

Sunset and Sunrise conditions can be created natively with Apilio, see how:

4 Likes

This is awesome, thank you! I’m going to give a few of these a shot this weekend!

Is it true that you can only use this template once? Bummer!

1 Like

Hello! :slight_smile: Applets can only be used once, but we can create duplicates, you’ll see we have a few of those already in our list.

I’ve created a couple of duplicates for this one and added them to the list (let me know if you need more), it can take up to 24h for them to become active, so they’ll should be ready for you to use this weekend :wink:

1 Like

Hello! I have 3 WirelessTags temperature sensors and about 20 Sonoff smart plugs and relays. Now all of them are updated and switched on / off via IFTTT Pro applets. Do I need duplicates from you to control them via Apilio IFTTT applets? What should I do to get them? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @vkogan2005! We can help only with those applets that connect Apilio with another service and vice versa. How many applets do you currently have and how many of them interact with Apilio? Thanks!

1 Like

Hello, I looked over the weekend and didn’t see any duplicate Google assistant applets. Can you provide the specific names?

Also, today I tried using the Google assistant to apilio applet at 3:35pm and it did not run for nearly two hours. Any idea why this could have happened? Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @DL38! I added them to the main list above, here they are as well:

Regarding the Google Assistant applet, I’m not currently aware of any issues. I would check the IFTTT logs to see if there were any errors happening at the time, and also check your logs with Google Assistant to make sure that the command was received :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Interestingly I can follow the links to your duplicate applets but I cannot find them when exploring applets in IFTTT. Any idea why?

For the delayed action, the logs show that the applet was “skipped” when I initiated it. I don’t know why that happened, but looks like it’s an IFTTT issue.

1 Like

IFTTT have said that they are working on the discoverability of ready-made applets, because it is very, very hard to find these today.

In fact, it was so hard to find them… that I had to put this list together! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Anna! Actually I have 18 applets in IFTTT of those types:
If WirelessTag Temp updates then update the numeric variable in Apilio – 3
If IFTTT receives event from Apilio then turn Turn Sonoff 1-Channel Plug off – 5
If IFTTT receives event from Apilio then turn Turn Sonoff 1-Channel Plug on – 5
If IFTTT receives event from Apilio then update the numeric variable in Apilio – 2
If Maker Event “XXX”, then update the numeric variable in Apilio – 1
If Every day at 07:00 AM, then update the boolean variable to false in Apilio – 1
If Every day at 11:00 PM, then update the boolean variable to true in Apilio – 1

All of them interact with Apilio. It’s my home heating system. :slight_smile:

Hi @vkogan2005! Great, let’s do this! :slight_smile: I’ve created a few applets for you, these won’t count towards your 3-applet limit:

:arrow_forward: If WirelessTag Temp updates then update the numeric variable in Apilio – 3

:arrow_forward: If IFTTT receives event from Apilio then turn Turn Sonoff 1-Channel Plug off or on – 10

:arrow_forward: If IFTTT receives event from Apilio then update the numeric variable in Apilio – 2

:arrow_forward: If Maker Event “XXX”, then update the numeric variable in Apilio – 1

IFTTT does not allow anyone integrated with the platform to publish applets that combine webhooks with anything else :pensive: I’m afraid this one you will have to keep as a DIY applet.

:arrow_forward: If Every day at 07:00 AM, then update the boolean variable to false in Apilio – 1
:arrow_forward: If Every day at 11:00 PM, then update the boolean variable to true in Apilio – 1

I suspect you should be able to replace these with our new native time conditions. I wrote about them here in this article here in the Community, but if I can be of assistance, please open a thread with your example in the Help section, and we’ll see how we can eliminate those applets, so you can keep those time conditions natively in Apilio :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, @Anna! Tonight I’ll try to change my setup to use newly created applets. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately in these cases I can’t add Apilio Ingredients from Apilio Logicblocks to update the Numeric Variable with appropriate value. I’m using {{ApilioValue1}} to do this. Am I right?

Ok, I got it.
The problem is that if we set the value to be customisable by the user, IFTTT does not allow the use of ingredients.
So I created two new applets with the only difference that it is always the “ApilioValue1” that is coming from Apilio that is used as the ingredients of the set value:

Does this solve the issue?

Hi, Philipp! It works, thanks a lot)

2 Likes

I have more than one Ring doorbell, one in the front and one in the back, and am wondering if you can create a second version of “If Ring detects motion, trigger logicblock” because I use them to turn on different lights in the house, depending on which Ring is triggered. I’m imagine others might want even more than two of these if it’s possible. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @anshaffer! Welcome to the community :slight_smile: Here you go:

It can take up to 24h for IFTTT to enable the applet, so if it appears unavailable, try again a bit later :slight_smile: I hope this helps :wink:

1 Like

That sounds great! Thank you!

One more that I am not sure I’ve seen – but would like to see if possible, is a one “If time is XX, then change boolean variable to XXX”

Thank you for creating these!