IFTTT action – additional value parameters

value
dynamic
static
IFTTT action – additional value parameters

Some hints and tips on Webhooks parameters: Static Values and Dynamic Values.

Additional Webhook Value Parameters

When triggering an IFTTT applet, it is possible to pass up to three Value parameters to the Webhook Service. Those parameters are named Value1 to Value3. Within an applet, the content of those parameters is accessible as ingredient and can be passed to the outgoing action. The Value parameters can either be of Static or Dynamic type.

Please note: it is not mandatory to send any Value parameters to IFTTT for a delay to work.

Static Value Parameters

You can set static Values here and they will be passed with every call. This is handy if you have setup a generic applet in IFTTT (e.g. send a notification) which you want to use in multiple logicblocks with only the values changing (e.g. to track which logicblock fired the action).

Dynamic Value Parameters

In other cases, you might want to pass along the content of a variable instead of a static Value. You can do this by entering the variable name in double curly braces.
Example: {{my_variable}}

Additional hints:

• Static content and variables cannot be combined in one field, so make sure you use multiple value fields for that case.
  • If you make a mistake in the syntax, the string will not be modified and passed as is.
  • If you enter a variable name that does not exist, Apilio will replace the string with the text “variable_not_found”. This will also be the case if you rename or delete a variable which was used in a action.

After you save a logicblock and look at it in show mode, the current values will be parsed into the action URLs to let you check if it comes out as expected.

Add a delay to an Action Chain Action
Passing Temperature Values from IFTTT to Numeric Variables in Apilio

I am using the IFTTT applet "If IFTTT receivs a “xxx” event, then Make a web request. How can I use the Apilio Logicblocks value1, 2 and 3 to pass string values so they can be used to compose part of the URL of the IFTTT applet ?
Thanks

Hi!
The values 1 to 3 are available in the IFTTT applet composer as “ingredients” with the name “ApilioValue1” to “ApilioValue3”.
Here’s an example:
Click “Add ingredient” to insert those values into your URL.