REST API Documentation

What is it?

The Apilio REST API is yet another way to access and update your data in Apilio. Other ways include: The graphical interface of our web app, the webhooks and our integrations with other services like IFTTT or Tuya.

What’s it good for?

It is targeted towards users who are familiar using APIs and handling JSON responses and want more ways to integrate Apilio. Something for the Pro’s! :sunglasses:
For instance, you can use it to fetch the current state of variables and visualise them on a smart display. Or you can integrate it with your local Home Assistant to exchange data with the outside world.

There are many possibilities - your imagination defines what you want to build with it!

Here’s the link to the detailed documentation:

3 Likes

Thanks for this @pebneter!! :grin:

I think @wookiebao might be interested, this could help you retrieve also the state of conditions for instance!

For reference, here’s @wookiebao’s great idea:

1 Like

Ahh yes! was looking forward to this. Is very good! we can do so much more with this! Calling logicblocks will be so much faster! :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks for the response but I find Zapier slow and rather frustrating to use and poor value for money.

I don’t want to transform the webhook call, I want to use the Helium API to call Apilio, sending the data I can extract with the Helium API to a specific Apilio string variable. I can update a string variable via the API anyhow, can’t I?

Yes sure, that’s possible via the API.

1 Like