Apilio web API v1

Update March 2021: We have released a completely new API :point_right: REST API Documentation

1 Like

Any updates on the web API??

1 Like

hey @jonjimenez33,
no visible ones. We updated the structure behind the scenes (to prepare for new methods) but no new things yet.
What methods are you looking for in particular?

1 Like

Not sure about @jonjimenez33 but I know I would be very interested in the ability to set a boolean variable. I have several things now that are routing from smart home stuff through IFTTT and ultimately to Apilio but it would be nice to cut IFTTT out of that loop to reduce complexity.

3 Likes

Hi @ben.cardinal,
thanks for your feedback!
You are not alone with your wish (e.g. here: Updating an Apilio variable without using IFTTT) and I promise it is high on our priorities list!

1 Like

Hi @ben.cardinal,
I think I misinterpreted your comment. You’d like to be able to set values via API, right?

Yes, that was what I was looking for. I see that I can already get a value using the API but it does not have a set endpoint yet. I’d like this via the API or really any other mechanism that doesn’t require IFTTT in the loop would be nice.

2 Likes

Hey everyone!
Good news: We launched the re-implemented webhooks feature recently :slight_smile:

We are also planning to expand the REST API for people who are more interested in using this kind of interface. Now there are two questions for you folks:

1. With the new webhooks API, are all your needs covered?
  2. We are thinking about implementing a authentication close to or 100% OAuth2 standard. Is that something you would welcome or do you prefer having authentication done via a relatively easy to handle static secret key?
1 Like

We have re-built and extended the API massively! Check out the new documentation here: REST API Documentation

3 Likes