Webhook to evaluate conditions

Would it be possible to add webhooks to conditions to get its status?

It would be very useful for Tuya based conditions, and much simpler than implementing the API.

1 Like

Let’s go for another vote!

Expand webhooks to allow for condition status check?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

What is the client application you intend to use? Is it because it doesn’t support the REST API or just for simplicity?
The API delivers the tuya condition status: https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/13480928/TzCHAVD2#f8968e7c-aeb6-4fba-a153-d2071d33a388

1 Like

OK, I will try to implement the REST API.

So far I am planning to use it from Siri shortcuts (not sure if it is possible) and an Alexa skill written in Node.js that I’ve developed for my own use at home (e.g. “Alexa, ask to check if all lights are off”).

1 Like

Using the REST API from Siri Shortcuts should work well.

1 Like

How did it go? Was it easy enough to implement?

1 Like

I haven’t tried it yet, reading the documentation is in my to-do list. I’ll let you know if I succeed or run into any problem. Thanks for asking!

1 Like

So I finally implemented the evaluation of conditions from an Alexa skill via REST API. It took a me while due to my limited knowledge of Javascript, but Apilio REST API itself worked perfectly.

This saves me from creating dummy logicblocks which just evaluate a condition, as that was what I was using via webhooks until now to check conditions.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback! Sounds like what we did with the API so far is helpful.
Do you see anything missing? Would you still prefer web hooks?

1 Like

I prefer to use webhooks due to simplicity, as I think that not all services/apps allow changing headers (e.g. Locative, Siri shortcuts).

API is very useful for checking condition status, which cannot be done with webhooks.

1 Like