Water Leak Prevention: How to Avoid a Flooded Home

A few weeks ago, one of the pipes in my house broke and very hot water was flowing into the basement floor for over 24 hours (were were on a trip that weekend). As you can imagine, water damage was disastreous.

I have now installed water leak sensors like this all over the house: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005003227966018.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3dbf63c0HHErjg

Good news is that they work perfectly with Apilio. I have now created a logicblock that, upon detection of water by any of the sensors, makes a siren sound at home, sends me a notification and even calls my mobile if I am away.

Condition has a ‘delay’ parameter so it only warns me if it detects water for 10 seconds. Otherwise, the alarm would trigger as soon as the mop hits the sensor when cleaning the floor. With this delay, that is avoided.

Hopefully I will not experience another water leak but, if it happens, at least I will be able to act fast.

4 Likes

Thank you, you reminded me that I need one under the bath.

There are Tuya tap controllers, could set it up so it isolates the water if a leak is detected

1 Like