Tuya device status not updated most of the time

Hi, I have a tuya plug that triggers a logicblock when it’s on and off. I noticed the logicblock only triggers sometimes. The reason it did not trigger because the status of the plug did not get updated. Please help.

1 Like

Hi @ckbinky65 ,
can you tell me the name of the device and a timeframe (or better: a specific event) that you were missing?

1 Like

I believe the brand is Apromio and the model number is AWP04L. There isn’t any specific time that the device status is not updated and it happens randomly. When I turn on the plug, it supposes to trigger a logicblock to do the positive result. When I turn off the plug, it supposes to trigger the same logicblock to do the negative result. Sometimes the logicblock didn’t get triggered due to the device status didn’t get updated. When I check the Smartlife App, it shows the right setting.

1 Like

Can you us the device name that it has in Apilio via private message?

1 Like

Not sure if it is related but, today, for 2 hours, some Tuya devices (PIR sensors) did not see their status updated in Apilio but only in the Smart Life app. Tuya<->Apilio communication may have some issues.

1 Like

From time to time, it seems like Tuya is not sending events for certain devices. We are in contact with Tuya to find out if there’s a fix for that.

1 Like

Hi - I think I may be suffering the same. I have 4 sockets and they are in my list of devices and set to monitoring but they have not changed status and currently do not match the actual status of the plugs (they are all off at the moment)

They are SMATRUL - Tuya WiFi Smart Plug, 16A UK Adapter, Wireless Remote Control, Power Monitor, Timer for Alexa Google Home.

I have been trying to use them in a condition, if a tuya plug turns on - I assume it monitors the devices and when the condition is met (I turn the plug on in the tuya app) then the action follows.

1 Like

@JtGIlbert Did those devices ever report the correct value?

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t know - I didn’t notice that the devices page had a function beyond linking 3rd party devices until too late - There are “events” recorded on certain of the conditions with times… Should the devices “state” match the tuya App? And change when I turn devices on/off in the tuya App?

1 Like

Yes, the information in Apilio (e.g. device state) should match in Apilio within a second. But you need to reload the page to see updates.

1 Like