The doorbell Alarm message is not appearing in condition

Hello,

Whenever the doorbell rings, it appears an alarm message on a device. But the alarm message is not apparing condition. I want the doorbell ring conditio

Screenshot of device

Thanks
Shahzad Godil

1 Like

Hi @shahzadgodil ,

I investigated this issue and found out why it doesn’t work.
The problem is that the “value” sent by Tuya for that status code is a very long string (>750 characters), but our limit for string values is 250 characters.
Since it would be better to have part of the value than nothing, I will implement a fix that will truncate whatever comes to 250 characters max.
Will let you know when it’s online!

2 Likes

Hello,

Thank you very much

Shahzad Godl

1 Like

Hi @shahzadgodil ,
this is now fixed and it should automatically cap the overly long message to be acceptable for Apilio.
Please try again

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for prompt action

The alarm message is still not appearing in my condition

Thanks
Shahzad Godill

2 Likes

Did you trigger it again?

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for a prompt response

Yes, trigger it again but no condition
Screenshot of condition
Apilio Web App

Apilio Web App (1)

Thanks
Shahzad Godil

1 Like

I think the alarm message wasn’t triggered in the last couple of days. Can you try to trigger it?

1 Like

Hello,

It is still appearing condition.

Thanks
Shahzad Godil

1 Like

I think I haven’t understood your problem correctly.
I thought you did not receive data (which is now fixed), but the other issue is that you cannot select it as device attribute in the condition.
That is so because it has a new data type “raw” that we haven’t seen before and we need to build support for it first.

Hello,

How long will it take to complete support

Thanks
Shahzad Godil

Depends a bit how easy it is to implement. I will let you know once I know how difficult it is.

Hello,
thanks
Shahzad Godil

1 Like

The main problem is that the camera devices seem not to provide a proper event based data point over the public API we use.
Using the motion picture as a workaround could work, but not guaranteed. It needs some code changes on our side to try it out and it might still fail. So for now I cannot promise that we can provide a solution.

2 Likes

Hi team, any workaround how can we catch the motion detection for tuya based security cameras?

1 Like

One (a bit crazy) workaround is to have a physical smart socket, which you trigger on/off based on camera motion within the Tuya app.
Then use the smart socket state in Apilio for further logic.

If there is any other app that can see the signal and that can do webhooks, that would also be possible.

2 Likes

Thanks workaround worked :muscle:

2 Likes