Matter devices added to Google Home will be visible into SmartThings and vice-versa

Google and Samsung have announced some joint effort regarding Matter multiadministration. When users go into the SmartThings app, they will be made aware of Matter devices that have been set up with Google Home and will be given a choice to easily onboard those devices to SmartThings, and vice-versa.

1 Like

That sound great - but also worries me because it’s probably a proprietary implementation. Don’t you think this is dangerous for the standard? Because it get’s now complicated again for the user to know what works in which way with other stuff?

1 Like

Surely it should just work the same way in both?

Apparently they want to make it easier to use a device on both platforms (i.e. you don’t have to pair it twice - it is automatically brought to your attention that there is a new device that you could use.)

1 Like

I am not familiar with how this standard works, but having the same device available in several platforms at the same time without complicated integrations sounds good. It may get complicated if you don’t remember where you built a specific automation…

1 Like