Introducing Apilio subscriptions

Excellent post Chris, thanks. We are continuing to consider the best way forward and will make some updates early in the new year!

The lack of a ā€œnumeric constantā€ option in the condition blocks is something that should have been addressed long before this paid subscription model was created. Having to create a bunch of placeholders for these constants just clutters up my variable list. Now that Iā€™m a paying customer, I think I have a right to see this fixed, especially if itā€™s going to limit my use of the system.

1 Like

Subscribed, happy to pay the small fee being charged.

1 Like

For the starter plan, there is a 2 variable limit. Is this 2 for all 3 variable types? I.e., boolean, numeric and string. Or is it 2 for each type? Thanks!

Hi @Georgieboy,
itā€™ currently 2 for all 3 types.
We received a lot of feedback on our initial plan rollout and we understand that many find this too limiting. Of course we are listening and constantly trying to improve, so there are probably going to be some updates to the plans in the near future.

1 Like

Iā€™ve subscribed. I am a simple user with a very basic knowledge of what I can be achieved. I can easily get by with Apilio, but every time Iā€™ve had a question itā€™s been answered inside 24 hours. That, and the little extra steps i can take with Apilio is worth it. Iā€™ve seen the improvement over the 12 months and look forward to seeing the continued growth. Good luck.

2 Likes

Congrats on the new Apilio! I love the ease of use and am interested in working with both types of accounts - the starter account should be useful for keeping my simple routines organized in separate accounts (another approach you may consider for the future is offering a folders feature to keep individual routines organized). For the starter plan, ā€œwhatā€™s includedā€ doesnā€™t mention any limits on conditions - is there a limit to these? Thanks! Al

1 Like

Thanks. Another thought I thought Iā€™d pass along: as part of some future free tier of usage, in return for that free tier of usage you might have light-use users post the details (without including any privacy information/details) of their use/creations so other folks in the community to see what creative solutions can be done with Apilio and the whole community benefits from their contribution.

1 Like

Thanks Al!
For organisation I could also envision a labelling feature, so you could bring together all configs that are related on one overview.
The number of conditions is not limited.

Thanks very much Philipp! As I mentioned to you a while back, Iā€™m evaluating Apilio as an add-on for a smart switch product. End-users would be encouraged to purchase the Apilio starter package as an enhancement to the product and provided with instructions for the Apillio/IFTTT routine. This works great for one routine that creates a delay using 2 variable based on weather conditions from Weather Underground. Another routine Iā€™d like to offer requires 3 variables, so it would be great if there were at least one more Apilio plan tier (or else more variables for the starter plan, additional actions would be nice too). Al

Why does the starter plan not include action delays? I have one variable, one condition and one logic block with two actions. One of those actions however includes a delay which, if Iā€™m reading the terms correctly, means the starter plan is not allowed.

Also, will the subscription page allow you to sign up for a starter plan if your account is not supported?
What will happen if you sign up for the starter plan but your account uses unsupported features? Will they be deleted or simply not run?

1 Like

Hey thanks for the post and whoops youā€™re right, we didnā€™t mean to exclude delays from the starter plan. We have now made that explicit on the pricing page and appreciate you pointing it out.

To answer your other questions the subscriber pages will allow you to sign up for a plan your account doesnā€™t support although they will display a warning if youā€™re out of plan. We are still receiving feedback on how people use Apilio which will guide and inform the evolution of pricing plans.