How to stop a webhook trigger if linked conditons already true?

Hello all, first post.

I’ve been using apilio for several months, and noticed an issue now the darker nights are here.

my setup is as follows:

Boolean Variables:
me_home - True/False - Triggered by Locative app on phone
wife_home - True/False - Triggered by Locative app on phone
night - True/false - Triggered by WU via IFTTT

Conditions:
is_it_night - Rule must be true
is_me_home - Rule must be true
is_wife_home - Rule must be true

Logicblocks:
turn_on_front_lights - Linked to conditions: is_it_night, is_me_home, is_wife_home
turn_on_lounge_lights - Linked to conditions: is_it_night, is_me_home, is_wife_home
turn_on_porch_light - is_it_night, is_me_home, is_wife_home

The process is working correctly, i.e if either myself or my wife are home/arrive home after sunset, it will trigger the relevant lights to come on.

The issue is, if I walk the dog, and re-enter the geofence it will trigger the lights to come on again, despite my wife’s and the nighttime Boolean being set to true this can pose an issue if I’m arriving home late and the lights are off, or we have the lights off due to relaxing. Is there a way to stop it re-triggering?

Its also an issue if I walk the dog early morning in the dark, as it causes lights to come on that I don’t want to come on. once again is_wife_home & night booleans both flagged as true.

Any advice appreciated. Hopefully, an easy fix?

Basically looking for if A or B and C = true then trigger, but if A and C or B and C = true then dont trigger.

Hi,
have a look on Logicblocks → “Advanced Options”

Advanced Options

Automatic evaluation:
Evaluate this logicblock when any connected variable changes.

Only fire action if result changed :
Only trigger the actions if the result differs from the last evaluation.

Thanks @Foxsel75, it’s a while since I built these. I’d forgotten the advance settings in the logic blocks tab.

I just need to figure out why my Smart life IFTTT recipe triggers all my lights despite me setting a group to trigger, but this isn’t a fault of Apilio.

1 Like

Hey there!
Problem solved?

Yes, this did the trick. No more switching on lights when my wife is in bed.