How to perform mathematical operations

I am trying to calculate a grass cutting frequency for my Automower by measuring the outside temperature every hour and adding this up to a numeric variable since the last cut. I can take the temperatur off my sensor every hour and place into a variable in Apilio, but how do I add this temperature value to another to sum it up ? Anybody able to help ?

2 Likes

Thanks for posting @torsteinkongshem! This is something we all want and I am not allowed to give any dates out but it’s very much in the pipeline. Will let you know as soon as we’re close - would you be willing to be a Beta tester?

1 Like

Yes I would be happy to be a beta tester !

2 Likes

Thank you for er volunteering :bowing_man:t2:

Through which interface are you sending the temperature data? Some support mathematical operations.

1 Like

I use Smartthings and have a multi sensor that measures temperature among other things . But Smartthings does not support copying the temperature anywhere, so what I do is to use several IFTTT triggers and update a numeric variable in Apilio to - say 15 celsius if the sensor detects higher temp than 15, and then 20 if higher than 20 etc and then down again …. My plan was then to every hour take this temp value in Apilio and add to another variable to represent degree-hours (temperature summarised for all hours during a day) and use this to set a mower frequency to either every day, every other day or every third day etc

1 Like

I have to ideas that you could follow:

1. Does Smartthings support sending data to webhooks? If you could configure it to send the temp every hour to Apilio via a webhook, that would be the easiest way
  2. You could create a Logicblock that is run every hour. It then reads the latest temperature (received via IFTTT) from a variable and adds it to a “daily_temperature_summarised” variable in Apilio. You would have to do that via IFTTT, as we are currently missing internal actions.
1 Like