Anyone else having issues with IFTTT and August Lock?

Anyone else having issues with IFTTT and August Lock? My two Apilio logic blocks that are dependent on August Lock and IFTTT stopped working properly. I have narrowed the problem down to the August Lock applet I created on IFTTT not running as of February 8 (according to the activity log for both applets). Had been working up until Feb 8 and then just stopped running. I’ve tried a number of things such as turning the applets off and then on (even tried waiting for 12 hours turning them back on). Tried re-logging into August Lock in IFTTT and re-verified the services. Sent IFTTT a support request but no response from IFTTT. I have not tried deleting the two applets and creating new ones as I use a free account and was not sure if it would let me create new ones if I deleted the current ones. I may have to give that a go. Any one come across this type of issue and find a solution?

1 Like

Hi @cphansen00! Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Your applets can’t actually be deleted: IFTTT only lets you archive them, but they will be disabled. You can access your archived applets here: https://ifttt.com/archive You can also restore any previously archived applet, but they will count towards the 3-applet limit.

As long as the applets are archived they don’t count towards the limit.

When the current August Lock applets are archived, you’ll be able to create them again, from scratch and give that a go :slight_smile: reconnect the service and create them again (since it’s only 2 of them) and see if that gets them working again.

Let us know how that goes!

1 Like

I forgot to add that to archive an applet you go to the configuration of that applet and at the bottom of the page you’ll see the option to archive it (in red). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Now understand the IFTTT archiving process much better. I tried creating a new applet from scratch (even removed the August services from IFTTT before doing so) and no luck. I think August and IFTTT are not communicating. Perhaps it’s on August Lock’s end. Maybe an email to August support for them to check the communication path.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting, not heard anything else about that yet but I’m just about to grab my first August lock so will let you know - any advice on good/bad locks?

It seems this is an issue others have similarly encountered in recent days. I opened support tickets with August and IFTTT since it appears to be a communication issue between them. Hopefully they get it sorted soon. https://www.reddit.com/r/AugustSmartLock/comments/lfl861/ifttt_integration_broken/

I went with the Yale Assure SL Connected by August as it fit my situation best and includes a touchscreen keypad. There are some other Yale based options as well with August. So far, after a year, it seems pretty good. https://august.com/pages/connected-by-august#yaleCompare

2 Likes

Have you tried any e-padlocks by any chance?

1 Like

E-padlocks you got my interest

2 Likes