20.57US $ 45% OFF|CoRui Tuya ZigBee Smart Human Presence Sensor Micro motion

This works well, a little to well I have to point it at the ceiling or it picks up people walking past the door. But it does allow people to sit still in the room and their presence is still detected thus preventing the lights switching off. Because of this i can turn things off quicker when they leave instead of waiting 30 minutes after the last motion is detected. In the room i have one of these and a motion sensor as the initial detection of someone walking in to the room is not as quick as a PIR.

1 Like

What’s the power consumption? I’m wondering if it can really save energy in total. Because the light is only used a few hours a day, but the sensor running 24/7.

1 Like

Fair question, I used lights as an example.

Imagine what is on standby in most rooms? TV’s music systems google home etc. Also add to my set up electric heating panels. I don’t want them running if the room is unoccupied. I am looking to fitting these BG Electrical 822/HC-01 Smart Power Socket, Alexa Compatible Double 13 Amp, White Moulded : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools instead of the usual 16A Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring, WiFi Outlet Smart Sockets Alexa Accessories with Timing, Remote Control, Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT, TUYA Smart Plug Smart Life, No Hub Required (2 Pack) : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools.

1 Like

Hmmn, I just found Tuya Zigbee stuff super-unreliable but I think this is the optimal setup (PIR+Presence). And that’s a great tip on the smart power socket! :bowing_man: thank you!