How to update Apilio variables or run Logicblocks without using IFTTT

With our recent updated webhooks, you’ll be able to use these to update variables and run Logiblocks without leaving Apilio!

Using webhook actions to update Apilio elements accomplishes two goals:

• Remove unnecessary delays, hence increasing the speed of your automations
  • Reduce the amount of IFTTT applets you have that are Apilio <> Apilio so you can simplify things.

How to update a variable from a Logicblock

As a result of a Logiblock, you might want to update an Apilio variable. Instead of creating an IFTTT applet that receives an event to update an Apilio variable, we’ll create a webhook action in our Logicblock and use the webhook link that updates our variable.

In your Logicblock:

1. Create a new webhook action
  2. Enter a description: for example “update circuits increasing it by 1”
  3. Select GET or POST in the method dropdown (we’re flexible)
  4. Paste in the webhook URL for updating the variable (I’m also adding a 1 at the end to increase the numeric variable by this amount). The action now looks like this:
  5. Save your Logicblock

How to launch a Logiblock from another Logicblock

Maybe you want to daisy-chain Logicblocks by triggering a second Logicblock if another one runs first. We’ll create a webhook action in the first Logicblock that evaluates the second. In this example, the second Logicblock has already been saved, so we can copy the webhook url to execute it.

1. Create a new webhook action in the first Logicblock (for example, you have a “good night” routine that runs other Logicblocks that might be executed at other times of the day).
  2. Enter a description so you know which Logicblock is being called: for example “check if windows are closed”
  3. Select GET or POST in the method dropdown (we’re flexible)
  4. Paste in the webhook URL for evaluating the second Logicblock. The action now looks like this:
  5. Save your Logicblock

Where do I find the webhook URLs to update my variables or Logicblocks?

These can be found in the show view of any variable or Logicblock:

You will find more info and screenshots here:

1 Like